11 March 2010

Color Theory 101 for marketing professionals: 21 Rules

A new customer who bought from me, a company of 54 years and said that his first goal of the company with a long face, was itself a new logo elevator. We started with what he wanted to talk, and although relatively open ideas, I was given strict instructions to avoid that uses a combination of yellow and orange in the current logo of the company. While we are on the discussion of color, I took a book PANTONE focus of our efforts. My client was curious to see how designersI'm looking for a choice of colors.

While always a certain amount of planning, I have several semesters of color theory. I've learned to look at the color in many different ways, how the colors react with each other, the relative nature of color, breaking the emotional quality of color like a prism the light into a rainbow, and some additive and subtractive color theory. I have my client, that most designers to develop their sense of color, after much practice. When my client left, I realized that the way I choseColor was not really a scientific theory or something, what I learned in school is based. The truth is that I learned to never anything as precious as the rules dictated by the basic insurance box of Crayola crayons.

First, there are really only eight colors. Pantone comes with the latest, greatest masters of the books every few years, but the reality is that eight basic colors that we learned in first grade: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, brown and black. According to RoyG. Biv (the abbreviation of rainbow colors), Indigo allegedly part of the rainbow, but let's be honest: It's blue indigo. Pantone has the illusion of more, thousands more, but if you cut a sample from a house just outside the fan in the vicinity of the horizontal-vertical Pantone book and looked at independently, it is recognized as one of the 8 basic colors. Can lighter or darker, but still one of the eight basic. Since my second teacher taught my classmates and IAbout Roy G. BIV educate, we inform each other of color theory. Practicing our rainbow with a box Crayolas taught us everything we need to know to know about color. The following is a list of things that I think before you choose the color.


Brown is the color of poop
Use together never brown and yellow.
Nobody likes orange.
Together, they look dark blue and black, like a bruise.
Green and Red Christmas means.
Pink is girly, unless it's for chewing gum.
Yellow and black always looks like a hornet.
Pastels are childish.
Red means stop, and to love.
Green means go, and money, and spring.
Deep Purple is royalty.
Dark green, dark red and dark blue for a game of golf are fathers in the economy.
Everyone loves the sea, jeans and the sky is so blue, like it at all.
Red and blue on white paper and patriotism.
If you have a pastel yellow, and you do not press hard enough you can see not really.
The paper is useless are white as white pastels.
Orange and black for Halloween.
Black is for outline, details, letters of good and licorice.
If you have a red pen and do not push hard enough you will be pink.
Purple is good for boys and girls, all between
If you are only allowed to use a stylus to select a dark - you can do a lot of color if you press too much and in some places a little in others.

There you have it. I personally orange and I think the dark blue and white is a very mature loveCombination, but if you are not well chosen color, you can support the list ". Pantone colors have replaced the pins in my life, but I find myself thinking back to this list often. For example, I know If I yellow in a project, I can not use screens thin yellow, because it does not appear. Or if I have a bold design in red and am creating a different color, so I avoid the use of screens in red, as is the pink to understand anything but fat. It helps that there is no white inkin press standards in the same manner, a second grader, there is no evidence of a white chalk.

I hope this list, compiled from my many years of professional experience, will help you steer clear of mistakes and get a little "more trained on the color.

Car Rental 4WD Brisbane

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Here something is new to read and also some very good information...Please keep me updated as much as possible....
Color Psychology